The Timber Answers project was funded jointly by the CRC for Wood Innovations and Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries (Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation).
Timber Answers has been developed through collaboration between several people and organisations.
- Alston AS (1982) Timbers of Fiji: Properties and potential uses, Department of Forestry, Suva, Fiji.
- Bootle K (2005) Wood in Australia: Type, properties and uses. 2nd Edn. McGraw-Hill.
- Cookson L, Carr J, Chew N and Creffield JW (2007) Lyctine susceptibility testing and dealing with rarely susceptible hardwood species. Unpublished paper prepared for the 38th Annual Meeting of the International Research Group on Wood Protection. Paper no: IRG/WP 07-10607.
- Eddowes PJ (1977) Commercial Timbers of Papua New Guinea: Their Properties and Uses. Department of Primary Industry, Papua New Guinea.
- Hopewell G (2004) An investigation of environmental conditions experienced during the life of high value wood components and products. Unpubl. Masters Thesis, Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, Brisbane.
- Kingston R & Risdon C (1961) Shrinkage and density of Australian and other south-west Pacific woods. CSIRO, Melbourne.
- Nolan G, Innes T, Redman A & McGavin R (2003) Australian hardwood drying best practice manual. Part 1. Forest and Wood Products Research and Development Corporation. www.fwpa.com.au
- Queensland Government (2010) Construction Timbers in Queensland: Properties and specifications for satisfactory performance of construction timbers in Queensland. Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation, Brisbane, and included references.
- Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries (2008). Timber species fact sheets. www.dpi.qld.gov.au. Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation.
- Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries. Timber Properties and Uses Archives (unpublished collection).
- Rozsa A and Mills RG (1991) Index of kiln seasoning schedules. CSIRO. 22 pp.
- Simpson W (1998) Equilibrium moisture content of wood in outdoor locations in the United States and worldwide. Research Note FPL-RN-0268, Forest Service, United States Department of Agriculture.
- Waterson G.C. (Ed.) Australian Timber Seasoning Manual — 3rd Edn, Appendix 2. (1997). Australian Furniture Research and Development Institute, Newnham, Tasmania.
Species names concur with:
Most images, including timber grains, were supplied by the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation and previous state government departments. On the home page, Timber Queensland provided the image of a timber bridge, and Kennedy’s Queensland, Australia, provided the image of a staircase.