Privacy and security
Timber Answers web-server access logs record the following information:
- our IP address and/or domain name (from which we can glean your country of origin and your ISP);
- The time you accessed the site;
- The page you accessed prior to visiting us;
- Your browser software version;
- Your operating system software version;
- Your site username (if you are registered).
These statistics are given to every web server you visit on the Internet, and Timber Answers is no different. These statistics tell which sections of Timber Answers are visited more or less often, and allow us to improve the site over time to better meet your needs. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
Information sent to Timber Answers via e-mail or via feedback forms on this site will be retained in a directly readable format for only as long as is necessary to complete a response. Such correspondence will be retained in an archival format for future reference in accordance with the Public Records Act (2002) and DAFF’s Records management procedures. It will not be passed to third parties without approval by the sender.